Around 2.3 million implant-supported oral crowns are made each year in the US, which means that there are multiple patients seeing dental practitioners to protect their pearly whites. While crowns are protecting pearly whites, who is protecting the crowns? You are! Follow this list of tips we’ve gathered to maintain your oral crowns for a long time:
– If you feel any significant heat- or cold-sensitivity more than ten days after your dental crown is fitted, give us a call immediately.
– Give us a call if you detect any uneasiness when biting down onto your crown, and we will evaluate if the crown needs to be optimized.
– Even with oral crowns, you’ll still need to floss and brush your pearly whites!
– Avert eating hard foods like ice since they can split or chip your dental crowns.
– Closely obseve wobbly or rancid crowns, which could be a signal of the crown’s glue having rinsed away.
– Bring your crown to us if it falls out of place; do not reinstall it on your own! Trying to reinstall your oral crown on your own could be harmful, and the crown could fall out again and choke you.
Dr. Tim Garofolo makes sure to securely place all dental crowns. That said, it’s better to be safe than sorry, so memorize these tips for peace of mind. If you would like to pencil in an appointment or your next check-up with San Diego Dentistry Studio in San Diego, California, please call 858-257-3412 now.